To edit our external sites, you must get trained in SharePoint 2013 and request access to your site.
To get trained to become a content editor or author for PHSA external sites, you must complete the following courses:
Only staff who have been asked by their program head or supervisor to be an author or editor on one of our websites should take the training. See definition of author and editor roles.
For access to PHSA teamsites, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For access to POD, please refer to the editing POD page (internal network).
After completing the e-learning course, please send an email to email@example.com:
- confirming that you have completed the website editing course and reviewed the writing for the web pages
- attaching your completed Writing for the Web quiz
- providing the urls of the pages you wish to edit
PHSA Communications will verify you’ve completed the course, confirm the access request with your supervisor or the content owner of the page and then give you editing rights.
If you have already taken training in the past, but require access to a new section or new website, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. Please make sure your training is within the last year.
Content owners may choose not to edit any of our websites directly. However, we recommend that they also attend training so that they can understand the capabilities and limitations of the website platform (SharePoint 2013).
Additionally, they will gain knowledge about:
- the appropriate ways to present information which is consistent with PHSA guidelines
- best practices for presenting content online in a web-friendly and user-centred manner. This will enable them to provide appropriate guidance to their editors.