All the page editing is done through the editing ribbon. See Editing Ribbon: Quick reference guide.
Use the appropriate style from the ribbon to format your text to maintain a consistent style on our websites. Also, use the heading styles instead of bolding headings as this improves search engine optimization (SEO) and assists people using screen readers understand the layout of the page.
Guide to styles:
- Paragraph – for body text
- Heading 2 - to divide subtopics in body text
- Heading 3 – to divide subtopics in body text under heading 2
- Heading 5 – for a heading in a web part
- Heading 4 – to divide subtopics in text under heading 3
- Button (multi-coloured) – for a callout displayed on its own, with no other web part,
- Flat Button – for a callout displayed with a web part. Please use only one button on a page.
- Callout – for short pieces of information that need to be visually distinguished from many body of text. If using for a direct quote, add quote marks and the nameof person (in italic).
- Horizontal Rule – as needed
There is a button on the editing ribbon called Edit Source. Clicking this button will reveal the HTML code for the content box you are editing.
Please do not try to edit this code. This can result in errors on the page and create non-standard code for our development team to fix.